Porter Novelli Brussels is a European communications and public relations hub for international client work. With 30 communications professionals, we specialize in corporate, technology, consumer and health care communications and have design and production capabilities. But it’s our people that really make the difference: pioneering spirits, innovative thinkers and creative communicators, working as part of a global network to bring vision and insight to each challenge our clients’ businesses face, achieving for our clients not only what is great, but always greater than they thought possible.
If you are a talented media relations/financial communications expert, we want YOU on our team!
- You have a proven track record in successfully developing and managing media relations/financial communications programmes.
- You have excellent relationships with both offline and online media, and you know how who to sell in a story.
- You are also known for building strong client relationships: you are a trusted advisor to clients and demonstrate sound and timely decision-making.
- You like to wrap your head around client challenges and translate them into communications strategies. You can independently drive strategy execution.
- You have a commercial mindset and like working with senior staff in business development areas that can lead to organic growth within existing clients or to new business opportunities.
- You are a motivated multi-tasker who can handle multiple projects and ensures high quality delivery, every time.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing and managing communications and media relations programmes for a variety of clients in different industries; developing and editing high quality written materials including press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, Q & A’s, website content and general client correspondence; coordinating and executing events; developing and maintaining Belgian and/or European media relations; contributing to brainstorms and new business initiatives such as pitches; active involvement in agency initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Outstanding written and verbal skills in Dutch and French (bilingual), with excellent English
- Solid media relations/financial communications expertise
- Flexible writing approach for different industry sectors
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects in support of internal or external clients
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments
- A commercial mindset
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience required, ideally with a B2B communications and/or agency background
- Higher education, preferably in Communications or a PR related discipline
- Our ideal candidate is customer-focused, curious, flexible, stress-resistant, efficient, pro-active, a team player and above all enthusiastic, willing and keen
- An exciting job in an energetic, professional and fun international environment
- Interesting and challenging assignments
- Career prospects
- Competitive salary
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and 1 writing sample in English (relevant to the job profile and no more than 2 pages) to Febe Boone (email@example.com) by April 18, 2014.
Interviews will be held in Brussels late April with a view for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.