Porter Novelli Brussels is a European communications and public relations hub for international client work. With 30 communications professionals, we specialize in corporate, technology, consumer and health care communications and have design and production capabilities. But it’s our people that really make the difference: pioneering spirits, innovative thinkers and creative communicators, working as part of a global network to bring vision and insight to each challenge our clients’ businesses face, achieving for our clients not only what is great, but always greater than they thought possible.
If you are a talented and experienced native English Copywriter with commercial flair, we want YOU on our team!
- You are an excellent writer with a flexible writing approach for different industry sectors
- You have a good understanding of public relations and a proven track record in successfully developing and managing communications programmes
- You are known for building strong client relationships: you are a trusted advisor to clients and demonstrate sound and timely decision-making
- You like to wrap your head around client challenges and translate them into communications strategies. You can independently drive strategy execution
- You have a commercial mindset and like working with senior staff in business development areas that can lead to organic growth within existing clients or to new business opportunities
- You are a motivated multi-tasker who can handle multiple projects and ensures high quality delivery, every time
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: developing and managing communications and media relations programmes for a variety of clients in different industries; developing and editing high quality written materials including press releases, fact sheets, backgrounders, Q & A’s, website content and general client correspondence; coordinating creative projects working with account and creative teams; coordinating and executing events; developing and maintaining Belgian and/or European media relations; contributing to brainstorms and new business initiatives such as pitches; active involvement in agency initiatives.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Outstanding written and verbal skills (English native or equivalent is mandatory) + possibly one other language (French/Dutch/German/Spanish)
- Proven ability to effectively organize and manage multiple responsibilities and projects in support of internal or external clients
- A good understanding of public relations, media relations and social media
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others in both team and independent environments
- A commercial mindset
- 4 to 6 years of professional experience required, ideally with a B2B communications and/or agency background
- Higher education, preferably in Communications or a PR related discipline
- Our ideal candidate is customer-focused, curious, flexible, stress-resistant, efficient, pro-active, a team player and above all enthusiastic, willing and keen
- An exciting job in an energetic, professional and fun international environment
- Interesting and challenging assignments
- Career prospects
- Competitive salary
Candidates must be legally entitled to work in Belgium on a long-term basis!!!
Interested candidates must send their CV, cover letter and 1 writing sample in English (relevant to the job profile and no more than 2 pages) to Febe Boone (email@example.com) by April 18, 2014.
Only applicants called for an interview will be contacted. Interviews will be held in Brussels late April with a view for the successful candidate to start as soon as possible.